- 2007 - present: STA Physicist, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL.
- 2006 - present: President, Materials Development, Inc., Evanston, IL.
- 1993 - 2006: Vice President and Director or Research, Containerless Research, Inc., Evanston, IL.
- 1988 - 1993: Principal Scientist, Intersonics, Inc., Northbrook, IL.
- Japan STA Research Fellow at laboratories in Osaka, Sagamihara, and Tsukuba, Nov-Dec 2000.
- Imperial College London, Department of Materials; PhD, 1986.
- Imperial College London, Department of Materials; DIC, 1986.
- Sir John Cass College, Department of Materials; BSc, 1983.
- Chartered Engineer (PE equivalent) 1990.
- "Structure of high alumina content Al2O3-SiO2 glasses", J.K.R. Weber, S. Sen, R.E. Youngman, R.T. Hart and C.J. Benmore, J. Phys. Chem. B, 112, 16726-33 (2008).
- "Acoustic levitator for structure measurements on low temperature liquid droplets," J.K.R. Weber, C.A. Rey, J. Neuefeind and C.J. Benmore, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 80, 083904 (2009).
- "Amorphization of Molecular Liquids of Pharmaceutical Drugs by Acoustic Levitation" C.J. Benmore and J.K.R. Weber, Phys. Rev. X, 1, 011004 (2011).
- "Relationship between topological order and glass forming ability in densely packed enstatite and forsterite composition glasses", S. Kohara, J. Akola, H. Morita, K. Suzuya, J. K. R. Weber, M. C. Wilding, and C. J. Benmore, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 108, 14780-85 (2011).
- "The oxidation state of europium in halide glass" J.K.R. Weber, M. Vu, C. Paßlick, S. Schweizer, D.E. Brown, C.E. Johnson and J.A. Johnson, J. Phys. Cond. Matt., 23, 495402 (2011).
- "Structure of the floating water bridge and water in an electric field", L.B. Skinner, C.J. Benmore, B. Shyam, J.K.R. Weber and J.B. Parise, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 109, 16463-68 (2012).
- "The structure of molten CaSiO3: A neutron diffraction isotope substitution with aerodynamic levitation and molecular dynamics study", L.B. Skinner, C.J. Benmore, J.K.R. Weber, J. Neuefeind, S.K. Tumber, L.J. Santodonato, L. Lazareva, J. Du, J. Phys. Chem. B, 116, 13439-47 (2012).
- "Network topology for the formation of solvated electrons in binary CaO–Al2O3 composition glasses", J. Akola, S. Kohara, K. Ohara, A. Fujiwara, Y. Watanabe, A. Masuno, T. Usuki, T. Kubo, A. Nakahira, K. Nitta, T. Uruga, J.K.R.Weber and C.J. Benmore, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 110, 10129-10134 (2013).