- 2002 - present: Chemist, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL
- 1991 - 2002: Chemist, Accelerator Systems Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL
- 1985-1991: Staff Scientist, Synchrotron Radiation Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- 1979-1985: Chemist, Naval Weapons Center, China Lake, CA.
- University of California, Department of Chemistry, Berkeley; Ph.D., 1979
- University of Illinois, Department of Chemistry, Chicago, IL; M.S., 1974
- Northwestern University, Department of Chemical Engineering, Evanston, IL; B.S., 1971
- R.A. Rosenberg, "Defect specific luminescence dead layers in CdS and CdSe," Can. J. Chem., 95(11): 1141-1145 (2017) https://doi.org/10.1139/cjc-2017-0126.
- R. A. Rosenberg, Debabrata Mishra and R. Naaman, “Chiral selective chemistry induced by natural selection of spin-polarized electrons,” Angewandte Chemie 54, 7295 (2015).
- Richard A. Rosenberg, Joshua M. Symonds, Vijayalakshmi Kalyanaraman, Tal Markus, Thomas M. Orlando, Ron Naaman, Ernesto A. Medina Floralba A. López, and Vladimiro Mujica, “Kinetic energy dependence of spin filtering of electrons transmitted through organized layers of DNA,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 117, 22307 (2013).
- R. A. Rosenberg, M. Abu Haija, and P.J. Ryan, “Chiral-Selective Chemistry Induced by Spin-Polarized Secondary Electrons from a Magnetic Substrate ”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 178301 (2008).
- T. K. Sham, R. A. Rosenberg, "Time-Resolved Synchrotron Radiation Excited Optical Luminescence: Light-Emission Properties of Silicon-Based Nanostructures," ChemPhysChem. 8, 2557 (2007).
- Richard A. Rosenberg, Gopal K. Shenoy, Matthew F. Chisholm, Li-Chia Tien, David Norton, and Steven Pearton,"Getting to the Core of the Problem: Origin of the Luminescence from (Mg,Zn)O Heterostructured Nanowires", Nano. Lett. 7, 1521 (2007).
- R.A. Rosenberg and S.P. Frigo, “Fundamental Aspects of Synchrotron Radiation-Initiated Surface Chemistry,” Chemical Applications of Synchrotron Radiation, edited by T.K. Sham (World Scientific, Singapore, 2002).