- 2005 - present: Senior Physicist. Advanced Photon Source, Argonne, IL.
- 2008 - present: Adjunct professor, Dept. of Physics. Arizona State University, AZ.
- 2000 - 2005: Physicist, Intense Pulsed Neutron Source, Argonne, IL.
- 1996 - 2000: Staff scientist. ISIS neutron scattering facility, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, England.
- University of Guelph, Canada; Postdoc in Physics. 1993-1996.
- University of East Anglia, England; PhD in Physics. 1993.
- "Structural characterization and aging of glassy pharmaceuticals made using acoustic levitation", C.J. Benmore, J.K.R. Weber, A.N. Tailor, B. Cherry, J.L. Yarger, Q.Mou, W. Weber, J. Neuefeind, S.R. Byrn. J. Pharma. Sci. 102 (2013) 1290.
- "A review of high energy x-ray diffraction from glasses and liquids," C.J. Benmore. ISRN Materials Science, vol. 2012, Article ID 852905 (2012). doi:10.5402/2012/852905.
- "Total X-Ray Scattering of Spider Dragline Silk" C.J. Benmore, T. Izdebski, R. Lewis and J.L. Yarger. Phys. Rev. Lett, 108, 178102 (2012).
- "Nanostructure of calcium-silicate-hydrate Cements", L. B. Skinner, P. J. M. Monteiro, S. R. Chae, C. J. Benmore & H. R. Wenk. Phys. Rev. Lett., 104 (2010) 195502.
- "Structural and Topological Changes in Silica Glass at Pressure" C.J. Benmore, E. Soignard, S.A. Amin, M. Guthrie, J.L. Yarger. Phys. Rev. B., 81 (2010) 054105.
- "Detection of first order liquid/liquid phase transitions in Yttrum Oxide-Aluminium Oxide melts", G.N. Greaves, M.C. Wilding, S. Fearn, D. Langstaff, Q. Vu Van, F. Kargl, S. Cox, O. Majérus, C.J. Benmore, R. Weber, L. Hennet. Science, 322 (2008) 566.
- "Quantum differences between light and heavy water", A.K. Soper and C.J. Benmore. Phys. Rev. Lett.,101 (2008) 065502.
- "Structural studies of several distinct meta-stable forms of amorphous ice", C. A. Tulk, C. J. Benmore, J. Urquidi, D. D. Klug, J. Neuefeind, B. Tomberli and P. A. Egelstaff. Science 297 (2002) 1320-1323.