2012  2013  2014  2015  <20162017  2018  2019  Index 2012  2013  2014  2015  <20162017  2018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: RE: Status of EPICS and Qt
From: Andrew Rhyder <[email protected]>
To: Bruce Hill <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 03:09:01 +0000
HI All

An update on epicsQt.

News of my retirement and the death of epicsQt is greatly exaggerated!

EpicsQt is still under active development and over the past year its use at the Australian Synchrotron has extended in scope beyond beamline support and is now used as the GUI system for the accelerator control system.

Since the release of 3.3.1 in July there have been around 100 updates to the code which have been published in around 25 updates the public trunk on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/epicsqt/

Another release is imminent and we intend on moving to a git repository at this stage.

Regarding my own involvement, I resigned as an employee from the Australian Synchrotron on February but am still working here on a contract basis in a similar capacity. While I am still involved in the development of epicsQt my colleague Andrew Starritt has taken over the primary development role. Andrew has over a decade of GUI development on EPICS based systems and has been working on epicsQt for several years now and is now providing the majority of code contributions.

While as a contractor my future with the Australian Synchrotron is, by nature, uncertain epicsQt still has a permanent and active developer and we are still happy to take on board other facilities’ ideas and contributions for epicsQt. And as a bonus, I am now in a position to assist you directly!

Regards
Andrew Rhyder

[email protected]

[email protected]