2012  2013  2014  2015  <20162017  2018  2019  Index 2012  2013  2014  2015  <20162017  2018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: Re: Status of EPICS and Qt
From: Bruce Hill <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 16:44:41 -0800
We're working on a python Qt based display manager called
PyDM  that allows our operators and experimenters to blend
analysis  python GUI's  using pylab, scipy, etc. w/ EPICS
acquisition and control.
https://conference.sns.gov/event/11/session/1/contribution/45

Rather than implement a full new set of EPICS aware widgets,
I'm looking into making the epicsqt widget set available to
these gui's using python wrappers.    I considered using
the caqtdm widget set for this, but it appears to require the caqtdm
display program to be driving the widgets, so I think the epicsqt
EPICS aware widgets will work better w/ python.

As we're also looking at how to convert our existing edm screens,
we could use and customize the existing edm to epicsqt ui file
conversion scripts to help create epicsqt equivalents for more
static layout based control screens.

Regards,
- Bruce