1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2023  2024  Index 1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2023  2024
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: RE: Is it possible for an Asyn output record to be, also, an (I/O Intr - driven) input?
From: Mark Rivers <[email protected]>
To: Ralph Lange <[email protected]>, EPICS Tech-Talk <[email protected]>
Cc: "'Eric Norum'" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 23:17:18 +0000

Folks,

The implementation of this is now complete, including for devAsynOctet (stringout, waveform out) and devAsynXXXArray (numeric waveform output records).

The test application, testErrorsApp now tests the output record callbacks, including updating STAT and SEVR based on the the status the driver passes in pasynUser->auxStatus.  It has been enhanced to test stringout and waveform out records with callbacks.

This is from the release notes for upcoming R4-26:

devEpics

  • Added capability for output records to update their values with a callback from the driver. This is enabled by adding the following info tag to the output record:
    info(asyn:READBACK, "1")
    The output record value will update any time the driver does a callback with a new value. The output record alarm status and severity will also update to reflect the value passed by the driver in pasynUser->auxStatus. The driver callbacks use the same ring buffer mechanism that input records do. The default ring buffer size is 10 for all records except stringin, stringout, and waveform records, for which the default is 0.
  • Updated the test application testErrorsApp to demonstrate and test output record updates.
  • Added ring buffer support to devAsynOctet. The default ring buffer size is 0 for all records in devAsynOctet, i.e. stringin, stringout, waveform in and out. Non-zero values can be specified with the asyn:FIFO info tag.
  • Changed the info tag that is used to control the size of the ring buffer for driver callbacks. The tag has been changed from FIFO to asyn:FIFO, i.e. adding the asyn: namespace to prevent future conflicts with any other facility. NOTE:This change is not backwards compatible, any databases using the FIFO info tag will need to be changed to asyn:FIFO. It is not expected that this will affect many users, since the default ring buffer size is used in nearly all cases.

asynPortDriver

  • Bug fix: If setParamStatus() was called for an array or generic pointer parameter then callParamCallbacks() could return prematurely and not do the callbacks for all modified parameters.

The changes to devAsynOctet were quite substantial so any testing people can do before R4-26 is released would be welcome.  It can be found here:

https://svn.aps.anl.gov/epics/asyn/trunk/

Cheers,
Mark