I just make my plan (and specification) for the future.
I would like to do adding:
- adding configuration tool to CDI (V5.0, current is 4.2)
it has affect to the device/driver configuration tools
of Epics (this is comeing soon)
- adding dynamic (run time) changeing of INP/OUT field,
DTYP field at least of the filed-bus devices such as
CAN,H1,Profi,Sedac,Classic - the planned platform:
Epics Rel 3.13.xx and VxWorks 3.13 , CDI V5.0
(long term plan !)
- I don't want to braek any planned work of Epics device/
driver configuration tool.
Some idea :
(useing my phantasy or some idea of somebody else,
mainly Marty and Jeff and the reactions of my RAWH RAWL
(I'm thinking of 'field-bus' devices maybe this ide
doesn't fit to the others :) )
- a device support module is software mirror of a 'CAN' controller.
- a (new) 'module' record is a software mirror of a 'CAN' module
(e.g. Weitmuller di module on CAN)
( the RAWH and RAWL values can be stored here )
- The 'channel' record (e.g. ai) has a pointer to the correspondance
'module' record. (A new link field ? )
Some techical issue ;
Is there a function :
- The input is a 'record name' the output is 'the record address' ?
- The input is a 'record address' the output is the record type ?
I need the configurable information on the device level.
Please give any comment !!!
- Re: Should ai, ao records have RAWH, RAWL? John R. Winans
- Navigate by Date:
Re: FLAME medm Deb Kerstiens
[no subject] Xiaosong GENG
- Navigate by Thread:
Re: Should ai, ao records have RAWH, RAWL? John R. Winans
Job Opportunity at Argonne/APS Bill McDowell