Subject: Survey comments
From: "So, Sung-Leung" <so@bnl.gov>
To: "qti-talk@aps.anl.gov" <qti-talk@aps.anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:10:27 +0000
Hi Andrew,

Just a comment on your item 1:

>1.    Default installation should support C++ and python development
>
>We will be working on a python wrapper for EPICS Qt soon - (probably using SWIG?)

The path of least resistance seems to be using SIP and PyQt from:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk

All Qt-designer widgets can already be used in python code. Python widgets can be used in Qt-designer as plugins :

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/designer.html#writing-qt-designer-plugins

Also, I think working within the tried-and-true Model-View-Controller design pattern is a good choice for Qt and EPICS Qt.

Ivan
so@bnl.gov