asynDriver: Asynchronous Driver Support - Release Notes
Febuary 2 2004
This release includes support for the following:
- asynTrace - A trace facility is now implemented.
- gsIP488 - The Greensprings Industry Pack IP488 is now supported
- Added asynSetPortOption and asynGetPortOption to manipulate port options.
- Changed serial support to use asynSetPortOption/asynGetPortOption.
- Added devGPIB GPIBCVTIO commmand type to allow custom conversion routine to perform all I/O operations.
- Changed rules for return value from devGPIB custom conversion routines.
- Added dbior support.
- Changed devGPIB to no longer cache EOS.
Support Provided in addition to asynDriver and asynGpib
- devGpib - The Winans/Franksen gpib device support.
- vxi11 - Support for instruments that support the VXI-11 standard.
- drvGenericSerial - Support for devices connected to serial ports or to
- Other device support methods especially streams, devSerial, and
- NI1014 VME Gpib driver.
- Industry Pack IP488 Gpib driver.
- Successor to GI (GPIB Interact).
The vxi11 support has been tested on the following platforms: Solaris,
Linux (redhat 9), Darwin, Windows XP (Cygwin), and vxWorks. It has been
tested with the following vxi11 controllers:
- Agilent E2050A LAN/GPIB Gateway.
It's vxiName must start with "hpib" rather than "gpib".
- Agilent E5810A LAN/GPIB Gateway.
- Tektronix TDS3014B Scope.
When communicating with the Ethernet port it acts like a VXI-11.2
rather than a VXI-11.3 device. It seems to just accept any GPIB address.
SRQs did not work when connecting via the ethernet port but did when
communicating via a LAN/GPIB gateway.
The generic serial support has been tested with the following:
Two Device Support modules have been converted from the 3.13 gpib support:
DG535 and TDS3014B Scope.
- xvWorks with a GreenSprings Octal UART Industry-Pack module on a VME
- Linux and Windows XP (Cygwin) with PC hardware serial port
- Solaris hardware serial port (/dev/cua/a).
- Linux, Solaris, Darwin, vxWorks, and Windows XP (Cygwin) with a Moxa
NPort Ethernet/Serial converter.