2016  <20172018  2019  Index 2016  <20172018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: [Hw-talk] I/O breakout connector
From: Jukka Pietarinen <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:22:31 +0300
Hi All,

This list has been very quiet...

I have been using VHDCI (or microSCSI) connectors and cables on a couple of products to connect an external I/O interface box to break out I/O.

In my opinion this connector is too fragile and I it seems that at least Molex has scheduled both the connector and cable for obsolescence. Also the interface box mechanics is available only on special order.

Are there any suggestions which way to go? The best way would of course be to avoid any external breakouts but sometimes the panel is just too small e.g. on PCI Express cards.

Thanks,
Jukka