Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System
CAS: Channel Access Server Library
This page provides access to all the Channel Access Server documentation that
I'm aware of.
The following documents are available. Textual links are to HTML documents,
other formats are indicated by an icon link.
- Channel Access Portable Server Reference Guide (R3.13)
by Philip Stanley (November 1997)
- Channel Access Portable Server API Tutorial (R3.13)
by Philip Stanley (August 1999)
- Channel Access Server Tool Developer Training
by Philip Stanley, Jeff Hill (August 1999)
- USPAS lecture: The Portable Channel Access Server
by Marty Kraimer (June 1999)
- USPAS lecture: Channel Access Server Tool
by Kay-Uwe Kasemir (January 2003)
The Channel Access Server library is part of
There is an example CAS application template included with recent copies of
EPICS Base. Run makeBaseApp.pl -t caServer caServer to create an
instance of this template in the current directory.
Other server tools available online include
CaSnooper and the
PV Gateway in increasing order of