This chapter describes the internal structures describing an IOC database. It is of interest to EPICS system developers but
serious application developers may also ﬁnd it useful. This chapter was intended to make it easier to understand the IOC source
listings, but the information in it is likely to be outdated. It also lists some of the header ﬁles provided for interfacing to IOC
22.2 Include Files
This section lists the ﬁles in base/include that are of most interest to IOC Application Developers:
- - Deﬁnitions for alarm status and severity values.
- - The deﬁnitions for the General Purpose callback system.
- - Deﬁnitions for the runtime database access routines.
- - Deﬁnitions for the structures used to store an EPICS database.
- - A catchall ﬁle for deﬁnitions that have no other reasonable place to appear.
- - Deﬁnitions for DBF_xxx and DBR_xxx types.
- - Deﬁnitions for the scanning system.
- - The static databases access system.
- - Old database access.
- - The device support library
- - Device Support Modules
- - Driver Support Modules
- - Deﬁnitions used by initHooks.c routines.
- - Link deﬁnitions
- - The record global routines.
- - Deﬁnitions for special ﬁelds, i.e. SPC_xxx.
- - Task Watchdog System