Motor Record: Known problems with Release 4-4
- The "Driver Power Monitoring" feature (available only for OMS VME58
controllers) was erroneously and randomly being enabled. Choose
one of the following methods to applying the bug fix:
Code around "safeDoubleToFloat conversion bug" in EPICS R3.13.5.
A bug was introduced into R3.13.5 with the "dbConvert and dbFastLinkConv"
fix (see EPICS base Release Notes for R3.13.5) that resulted in the inability
to set PV fields defined as DBF_FLOAT's to zero. One of the scenarios
where this has caused a problem is when a user tries to disable software
travel limits by setting DHLM = DLLM = 0. Choose the following methods
to applying the bug fix:
- Make the following modification to <motor>/motorApp/MotorSrc/motordevCom.c:
> ptrans->dpm = OFF;
- Replace <motor>/motorApp/MotorSrc/motordevCom.c with the
following updated copy:
- Install motor record version R4-4-1 or above, which includes this
The makeConfigAppInclude.pl perl script distibuted with R4-4 and
R4-4-1 does not support spaces between the macro and the "=" sign in the
The following scenario would put the motor record into an invalid state.
A new target position (i.e., VAL/DVAL/RVAL) is written to the motor
record under the following conditions,
- Replace <motor>/motorApp/MotorSrc/motordevCom.c with the following
- motion is in progress (i.e., DMOV is false).
- the new target position is different from the actual position by
less than the retry deadband (|DIFF| < RDBD).
Install motor record version 4-4-2 or above to fix this problem.
- backlash correction is enabled (i.e., BDST is non-zero) and the
new move is NOT in the "preferred direction" (preferred direction is the
direction in which the motor moves during the backlash-takeout part of a