Introductory session II
This class is intended to lay the foundation for understanding an EPICS system. It will ...
- Explain what happens inside an IOC
- Explain the concept of the EPICS database and EPICS records
- Explain what an EPICS Process variable actually is
- Different parts of the EPICS "toolkit" will be briefly examined and their suitability for different tasks discussed
- Walkthrough the EPICS website to illustrate where more information can be found
- Give some hints on installing the virtual LINAC
The class is intended for anyone who comes into contact with EPICS and wants to find out
some basic details about how EPICS works.