Optics and Detectors Testing Beamline
The X-ray Science Division of the APS is considering equipping a BM beamline for optics and detector testing and for optics metrology. Planning for the beamline instrumentation is now taking place. Several agendas are being considered.These are:
- Mirror metrology, especially of K-B mirrors.
- Single crystal topography, especially for coherence preservation tests.
- Detector testing, especially area detectors.
- Multilayer diffraction, especially for MLLs.
- A test bed for nanopositioning devices for crystal and mirror manipulators & goniometers, especially incorporating real time feedback from x-ray sensors.
- A test bed for innovative motor control electronics and data acquisition electronics.