Ultrafast Special Interest Group
Eric Dufresne, APS (SIG webmaster and mailing list questions)
Jin Wang, APS (Agenda)
The group meets once a month on the third Thursday of the month from noon to 1h15PM, in the 432C conference room.
Here is a link to the Ultrafast SIG mailing list.
Find here a link to the archives of the mailing list
- Next meeting, Thursday April 18, 2013 at noon in conference Room 432C
Agenda: Introduction and Announcements. Probing ultrafast responses in antiferromagnetic NiO single crystals with time resolved X-ray scattering techniques. Carlos Giles , University of Campinas, Brazil. Last meeting's agenda and presentations Pizza, veggies, and drinks are served for 5$.
- Upcoming meetings:
May 16, 2013 speaker TBD
- X-rays in the Fourth Dimension, Chicago, May 5 and 6 2012
- Workshop on Terahertz Sources for Time Resolved Studies of Matter, Argonne, July 30 and 31 2012
- 2013 agendas
- 2012 agendas
- 2011 agendas
- 2010 agendas
- 2009 agendas
- 2008 agendas
- 2007 agendas
Several beamlines at the APS involved in ultrafast pump-probe experiments
- XOR 4ID (pulsed magnetic fields)
- XOR 7ID (kHz fs-laser)
- XOR 11ID (kHz ps-laser)
- BioCARS 14ID (kHz fs-laser)
- XOR 20ID (271 kHz fs-laser)
Recent APS workshops focused on ultrafast pump-probe experiments, or on the SPX project.
- Lake Geneva 2004 Time Domain Science Using X-ray Techniques
- Generation and Use of Short X-ray Pulses at APS,
Workshop 9 of the APS 2005 User Meeting
- Time-Resolved X-ray and Neutron Scattering:
Probing Chemical Transformations and Structural Dynamics,
Workshop 3 of the 2007 SUF User meeting.
- Mini-Workshop on Short X-Ray Pulses Generation and Applications at the Advanced Photon Source, February 15, 2008.
- User week 2008 May 9 satellite workshop on SPX.
- Opportunities in Magnetic, Atomic, and Molecular Dynamics with a Short
Pulse Soft X-ray Source
part of the APS 2011 User meeting Workshop 3.
- Workshop on Time Resolved X-Ray Science at High Repetition Rate, jointly sponsered by SSRL and APS, October 22-23, 2011.
- Dynamic Compression User Workshop Jan 19-20 2012 at Argonne