Tips & Instructions
- First-time proposers: You must register as a user and receive a badge number before submitting a proposal.
- How to Wow! "Secrets" for a Successful Proposal
Tips to help your proposal stand out from the crowd in the review process.
- What Not To Do
Explanations of some of the most common mistakes on proposals and how to avoid them.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Answers to some of the most common questions about the proposal process and the online proposal system for General Users.
- User Access Myths Debunked
Common myths about getting on site and working at APS--don't let these trip you up!
- Proposal System Login
Link to the Beam Time Access System: create, edit, and view proposals, request additional time on existing proposals.
Proposal submission deadlines, run start and end dates, dates of review and allocation meetings.
Instructions for using the online proposal system, with tips and troubleshooting advice.
- Blank Proposal Forms
Two samples, one for macromolecular crystallography (second sample) and one for all other science.
Review & Allocation
- Policy and Procedure
Full details of the General User Program.
- Review Criteria
Criteria on which proposal scores are based.
- Proposal Review Panels (PRPs)
These committees meet once each proposal cycle to review proposals.
- Beam Time Allocation Committees (BACs)
These committees meet once each proposal cycle to assign proposals to beamlines.