About Your APS Badge
Facts, responsibilities, and privileges associated with an APS badge.
- Your badge number is the largest 5 or 6-digit number on the back of the badge (do not use the letters or leading zero).
- Non-U.S. citizens: Your badge is valid for 2 years from the date of approval for access. According to U.S. Department of Energy requirements, your badge must be red and must display your country of citizenship and the expiration date.
- Students who are U.S. citizens: Your badge is valid for 2 years from issuance and displays the expiration date.
- A badge will be issued only if a user agreement is in place and training has been completed (and, for non-U.S. citizens, appropriate authorization has been completed).
- You must wear your badge in view at all times while on the Argonne site.
- Your APS user badge is for your use only. You may not use it to bring a visitor onto the Argonne site if that person does not have a badge or gate pass.
- Using your badge in an unauthorized fashion may result in suspension of your access privileges.
- Your badge will be disabled at its expiration date (students and non-U.S. citizens).
- If you lose your badge, you must notify the User Office.
- When you are no longer associated with the APS, you must return your badge to the User Office.
- Site access 24 hours a day via the North Gate; daytime access via the West Gate (5:45 a.m. to 7:10 p.m., Monday through Friday).
- After-hours access to Building 401 (central lab/office building) for use of APS stockroom and the 401 Grill.
- Ability to purchase items from APS stockroom (user account required).
- Reduced rate at the Argonne Guest House.
- Access to some proximity-card-operated doors(with appropriate authorization and activation).
For any questions about your badge or access status, please contact the User Office at 630-252-9090 or email@example.com.