New User Checklist
- Register with the APS User Office to receive a badge number.
- Submit a proposal.
- Establish a legal agreement, if one is not already in place (required for all users).
- Establish a user account, if one is needed, to pay for supplies and services or for proprietary beam time.
When you are awarded beamtime...
- Arrange for delivery of samples/materials prior to your arrival.
- Complete Experiment Safety Assessment Form (ESAF) for your experiment.
- Complete all training.
- Notify APS of your arrival by using the Check-in tab in the User Portal.
Additional steps may be required
if you will access the APS through a Collaborative Access Team
(CAT) or Partner User group. If so, contact that organization for additional
information specific to its facilities.