Guidelines for Speakers
- Provide the title of your talk to your organizer as soon as possible for posting on the web.
- Send your abstract to the workshop or session organizer by March 31, or by the date the organizer specifies.
- For the abstract, use a standard journal format for authors and affiliations (see sample abstract).
- You must register at http://www.aps.anl.gov/Users/Meeting/2008/ by April 25 (April 11 for non-U.S. citizens). On the registration form, you must check the option "workshop or plenary speaker."
- See important reimbursement guidelines below.
- U.S. citizens: bring a photo ID (driver's license or other Federal photo ID) to show at the visitor's center on arrival.
- Non-U.S. citizens, see important access instructions below.
- When you arrive at the meeting, pick up your meeting packet immediately, before going to the workshop. The packets contain expense report forms.
- During your presentation, keep to your allotted time.
- Return your expense report to your organizer as soon as possible.
- If the organizer says your registration fee will be paid by the workshop: On the registration form, you must check the option "workshop or plenary speaker." Details will be handled at the meeting.
- If the organizer says your air travel will be reimbursed:
- You must use a U.S. carrier for air travel. If a foreign carrier is used, airfare cannot be reimbursed.
- Before you buy a ticket, you must obtain a price quote through the User Office. (The purpose is to confirm that the lowest reasonable fare is chosen.) Contact Lori Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630-252-8152, with your desired itinerary.
- When you have a quote from Lori, you can buy your own ticket by whatever means you prefer.
- Air travel will be reimbursed to the amount quoted by Lori, or to the reimbursement amount authorized by the organizer, whichever is lower. (If the authorized amount exceeds the airfare quote, the remainder can be applied to other authorized expenses.)
- Expense reports: Original receipts are required. Return your expense report to your workshop organizer.
- Honorarium: If an "honorarium" is given instead of reimbursement, the amount will be taxable.
- Housing: Housing is reimbursable to the extent agreed with your organizer.
- Car rentals: Rentals between Chicagoland airports and Argonne National Laboratory are reimbursable to the extent agreed with your organizer. You must use a compact car and obtain the most economical rate possible. You must prepurchase gasoline or return the vehicle full. For vehicles returned that require gasoline, the reimbursement will be limited to the pre-purchase rate.
- Personal cars: Mileage, gasoline, and tolls are reimbursable to the extent agreed with your organizer.
- Train: The expense of train travel is reimbursable to the extent agreed with your organizer.
- Taxi: Taxi expenses are reimbursable provided they are reasonable.
Please register well in advance. Both new visits and returning visits require current/approved Argonne access documentation.
No Argonne entry without current access permission.
When you arrive at Argonne, in order to pick up your gate pass, you will need to show the following INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) documentation at the Argonne Information Center.
Legal Permanent Resident (green card holders)
• Legal Permanent Resident of the United States of America – (green card)
• Passport & I-94
Visa Waiver Countries
• I-94W (visa waiver stamped in passport on entry to U.S.)
• Passport and
- F1 & I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Student Status)
- J1 & DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 Status)
- H1B & I-94
- B1 & I-94
- EAD (Employment Authorization Document) & I-94
- I-797 (Request for Change in Status) & I-94