FOCUS Center and Department of Physics
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1040
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Applied Physics Program, University of Michigan, 2001-present.
- B.A., Physics, University of California, Berkeley, 1993.
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Rochester, 1999.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Ultrafast Optical Science, University of Michigan, 1999-2001.
- Member, MHATT-CAT 1999-present. Active PUP and GUP programs.
- Co-chair, Time Domain Science Using X-ray Techniques, Future Direction for the Advanced Photon Source (2004).
- Organizer, Workshop on the Future of Ultrafast X-ray Science at the Advanced Photon Source (2003).
- Organizer, Workshop on Ultrafast X-ray Science (2002).
- Member, Subpicosecond Pulse Source (SPPS) Collaboration at SLAC.
- Co-team leader, laser-pump x-ray-probe thrust area, Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS).
- Nonequilibrium dynamics in condensed matter, atomic, molecular and optical physics.
- Scientific opportunities in the combination of short pulse lasers and synchrotron-based x rays.
- Physics of ultrafast x-ray scattering and dynamical diffraction.
- Development of few picosecond, high repetition rate x-ray source at APS.