Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Ave
Argonne, IL 60439
- Argonne National Laboratory and The University of Chicago, Joint Assistant Physicist, 2013 - Present
- Argonne National Laboratory and The University of Chicago, Joint Post-Doctoral Scholar, 2010-2013
- McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, Ph.D. in Physics, 2010
- McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, M.Sc. in Physics, 2005
- McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, B.Sc. in Physics, 2003
- Quantum magnets exhibiting exotic ground states
- Highly correlated election systems
- X-ray and Neutron Scattering
- High-pressure techniques
- Neutron Scattering from the Static and Dynamic Lattice of SrCu2(BO3)2 in its Shastry-Sutherland Singlet Ground State.
S. Haravifard, B.D. Gaulin, Z. Yamani, S.R. Dunsiger, and H.A. Dabkowska ,Phys. Rev. B, 85, 134104 (2012)
- Order parameter fluctuations at a buried quantum critical point.
Y. Feng, J. Wang, R. Jaramillo, J. van Wezel, S. Haravifard, G. Srajer, Y. Liu, Z.-A. Xu, P. B. Littlewood, T. F. Rosenbaum, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 109, 7224 (2012).
- Continuous and discontinuous quantum phase transitions in a model two-dimensional magnet.
S. Haravifard, A. Banerjee, J. C. Lang, G. Srajer, D. M. Silevitch, B. D. Gaulin, H. A. Dabkowska, T. F. Rosenbaum , Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 109, 2286 (2012)
- Co-existing Singlet and Ordered S=1/2 Moments in the Ground State of the Triclinic
Quantum Magnet CuMoO4.
S. Haravifard, K. Fritsch, T. Asano, J. P. Clancy, Z. Yamani, G. Ehlers, T. Nishimura, Y. Inagaki, T. Kawae, I. Swainson, B. D. Gaulin, Phys. Rev. B, 84, 094436 (2011)
- Magnetic Ordering and Tunable Structural Phase Transition in the Chromic Compound
T. Asano, T. Nishimura, Sh. Ichimura, Y. Inagaki, T. Kawae, T. Fukui, Y. Narumi, K. Kindo, T. Ito, S. Haravifard, and B. D. Gaulin, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 80, 093708 (2011)
- High resolution study of spin excitations in the siglet ground state of
B.D. Gaulin, S.H. Lee, S. Haravifard, J.P. Castellan, A.J. Berlinsky, H.A. Dabkowska, Y. Qui, and J.R.D. Copley, Phys. Rev. Lett, 93, 267202 (2009)
- Neutron and x-ray scattering studies of the lightly doped spin-Peierls system
S. Haravifard, K. C. Rule, H. A. Dabkowska, B. D. Gaulin, Z. Yamani, and W. J. L. Buyers, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 19, 436222 (2007)
- Crystal growth and magnetic behaviour of pure and doped
H. A. Dabkowska, A.B. Dabkowski, G.M. Luke, S.R. Dunsiger, S. Haravifard, M. Cecchinel, and B.D. Gaulin, Journal of Crystal Growth 306, 123 (2007)
- In-Gap spin excitations and finite triplet lifetimes in the dilute singlet
ground state system SrCu2-xMgx(BO3)
S. Haravifard, S.R. Dunsiger, S. El Shawish, B.D. Gaulin, H.A. Dabkowska, M.T.F. Telling, T.G. Perring, and J. Bonca, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 247206 (2006)