Workshop on Data Evaluation using CONUSS and PHOENIX
November 2-4, 2012
Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA
This workshop is organized within the COMPRES infrastructure initiative to promote the application of the state-of-the-art Nuclear Resonant Scattering (NRS) techniques for characterizing the properties of materials under high P-T conditions of planetary interiors. Two NRS techniques, SMS and NRIXS, will be covered.
Synchrotron Mössbauer Spectroscopy (SMS) provides information on magnetic properties and valence state in minerals containing Fe and other resonant isotopes (Sn, Eu, Dy, and Kr).
Nuclear Resonant Inelastic X-ray Scattering (NRIXS) gives phonon density of state and therefore information on vibration and elastic properties.
During the workshop we intend to
- Offer a basic introduction of the SMS and NRIXS techniques
- Introduce CONUSS and PHOENIX software for data evaluation
- Provide hands-on training in the use of CONUSS and PHOENIX
- Address common issues that users confront
- Discuss recently added features to the new version of the softwares