User Electronic and Electrical Equipment Inspection Criteria
In order to be in compliance with NEC, OSHA, and DOE regulations all electronic and electrical equipment at the APS will have to be inspected. This includes all electronic and electrical equipment brought to the APS by users for use in their experiments. It is currently expected that this program will become mandatory beginning April 25, 2006. The APS has already started inspecting user electronics that are not tested by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). This includes any type of non-commercial, home-built electronic and electrical equipment. The APS designated electrical equipment inspectors (DEEI) that are available for user equipment inspections. Please see the links below for additional information.
- APS User Policy on Electrical Equipment Inspections
- Non-NRTL Equipment Inspections Frequently Asked Questions
- Equipment inspection criteria
- non-NRTL inspection form
- NRTL inspection form
- Facility Electrical Equipment Approval Form
- Electrical Systems Approval Form
- Inventory Form for non-NRTL Facility Equipment
- APS Designated Electric Equipment Inspectors
- Who can become a Designated Electric Equipment Inspector?
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL)
- Argonne presentation on Electrical Equipment Inspections (can be used to understand inspection criteria).
- Upcoming ESAFs that will need an Inspection
- Request an Electrical Equipment Inspection
- Electrical Equipment Inventory and Inspection Information
Reviewed: May 23, 2011