- Professor of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin
- B.Sc., Chemistry, 1972, Durham University (England).
- Ph.D., Chemistry, 1975, Durham University (England).
- Professional Experience:
- Teaching Assistant, Durham University, Durham, England, 9/72-6/75.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (with Michael Rossmann), Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, 8/75-8/78.
- Senior Research Associate (with Don Caspar), Laboratory of Structural Biology, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254, 8/78-10/84.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, 10/84-7/88.
- Co-Director of the Institute for Enzyme Research, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, 7/94-2000.
- Associate Professor of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, 7/88-6/94.
- Professor of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, 7/94-Present.
- .Dr. Rayment has a passionate interest in high quality X-ray structural determinations. His main areas of investigation include a study of molecular motors, molecular basis of transposition and understanding the evolution of enzyme superfamilies.