Call for Poster Abstracts
Abstracts for posters are being solicited in all areas related to user science at the APS. Accepted abstracts will be printed in the meeting program book and will be posted on the 10th User Meeting web page. ABSTRACTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN APRIL 10, 2000. Please use one of the following methods to submit your abstract:
- (1) Complete and mail the Poster Abstract Form on p.
21 of this booklet
(2) Submit the abstract via the APS 10th User Meeting Web page at http://www.aps.anl.gov/conferences/10um
(3) Fax the abstract to 630/252-9250, or
(4) Send the abstract by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must include all information shown on Abstract Submission Form in order to be considered. Preference will be given to work conducted at the APS.
Use of Symbols and Greek Letters--If your abstract contains symbols (e.g., Å), Greek letters, or superscripts and subscripts (e.g., 10-7, H2O), make sure that your abstract is submitted in a clear and unambiguous form. Submissions over the WWW and by e-mail can sometimes lose formatting; please provide additional descriptive language to ensure that your abstract is formatted properly for inclusion in the poster book.
Use of References and Footnotes--Use references and footnotes only if absolutely necessary. To incorporate references, use superscript numbers (e.g., 1, 2) within the text of the abstract. Footnotes should be indicated by using asterisks (e.g., *, **). Place references after footnotes at the end of the abstract body.
Poster Preparation--You will be provided with push pins and a cork board measuring 1.22 meters high x 1.10 meters wide (4 feet high x 3.5 feet wide). Please adhere to the following guidelines to prepare your poster:
- Legibility--The poster should be readable from a distance of 2 m (6.6 ft.). Text and figure lettering height should be no less than 1 cm (0.4 in.).
- Heading and Titles--You should supply a header label that includes the poster title, author's name(s), and address of primary author. The recommended height for title lettering is 3 cm (1.2 in.). The maximum heading size is 20 x 122 cm (3 x 48 in.). All figures and tables should be titled. The sizes, format, and number of pieces to include are left to your discretion.
Student Poster Competition:
Who is eligible? Primary authors who are undergraduate or graduate students or were students at the time the research was conducted.
What is needed to qualify? At least some of the work described in the poster must have been conducted at the APS.
What is the prize? A cash award and plaque.
How do I enter the competition? If you qualify and wish to have your abstract considered, please check the box on the abstract submission form.