These requests will be comprised of:
1) Maintenance and other requests that are compatible/incompatible with the presence of beam in one or more accelerator enclosures.
2) All work performed under the purview of the APS work request system falls into this category. This includes work requiring access into any accelerator enclosure.
3) Incidental work e.g. ioc reboots, etc., that are not covered under the normal work request system, but which require the absence of beam (will be required to make a formal request).
4) To minimize the impact on studies following yours, please add enough time to your request to restore operating parameters, such as conditioning power supplies (usually takes 15-20 minutes), adjusting RF systems, etc.
5) Please be prepared to give MCR operators a brief and concise summary of your studies when they are completed. Of particular importance are any changes to operating parameters, the reasons for the changes and whether they should remain in place during User Operations. The operators will be recording this information under a special category in the logbook.
-- Stanley Pasky -- Principal Chief of Operations: Linac/PAR, Booster & Injector Test Stand ASD/AOP Critical Component System Manager
Bldg 401, Room B2150 email@example.com work: (630) 252-1768 fax: (630) 252-5703
pager: 4-1768 cell: 815-341-3406