Time Resolved Research
X-ray Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Ave
(630) 252-0274 • 6306313194 • email
- Fast x-ray microdiffraction techniques for studying irreversible transformations in materials, Stephen T. Kelly, Jonathan C. Trenkle, Lucas J. Koerner, Sara C. Barron, Noel Walker, Philippe O. Pouliquen, Mark W. Tate, Sol M. Gruner, Eric M. Dufresne, Timothy P. Weihs and Todd C. Hufnagel, J. Synch. Rad. 18 Part 3 (May) (2011).
- A technique for high-frequency laser-pump x-ray probe experiments at the APS. Eric M. Dufresne, Bernhard Adams, Matthieu Chollet, Ross Harder, Yuelin Li, Steven J. Leake, Loren Beitra, Xiaojing Huang, Ian K. Robinson, to appear in the Proceedings the 16th Pan-American Synchrotron Radiation Instrumentation Conference, September 21-24, 2010 in Argonne National Laboratory, USA. Nucl. Instrum. and Meth. in Phys. Res. A (in print)
- Piezoelectricity in the Dielectric Component of Nanoscale Dielectric-Ferroelectric Superlattices Ji Young Jo, Rebecca J. Sichel, Ho Nyung Lee, Serge M. Nakhmanson, Eric M. Dufresne, and Paul G. Evans Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 207601 (2010). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.104.207601
- Microstructural transformations and kinetics of high-temperature heterogeneous gasless reactions by high-speed x-ray phase contrast imaging Robert V. Reeves, Jeremiah D.E. White, Eric M. Dufresne, Kamel Fezzaa, Steven F. Son, Arvind Varma, and Alexander S. Mukasyan Physical Review B 80 (December 7) 224103-1 to 224103-8 (2009). (featured as an Editor's choice).
- Development of New Apertures for Coherent X-ray Experiments, Eric M Dufresne, Steven B. Dierker, Z. Yin and Lonny Berman, Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 16 May 358-367 (2009).
- Time-resolved x-ray diffraction and imaging
- Laser-pump/x-ray probe experiments
- Coherent x-ray diffraction
- X-ray optics
- BSc Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada 1987
- MSc University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada 1990
- PhD Mcgill University, Quebec, Canadat 1995
- NSERC Postdoctoral fellow, University of Michigan 1996-1998
- Senior Research Associate in the Physical Science II, MHATT-CAT and the University of Michigan, 1998-2004 (Beamline scientist)
- Beamline Scientist, Argonne National Lab, Sector 7 2004-
Awards and Honors
- Several NSERC undergraduate and graduate fellowship
- Quebec FCAR graduate fellowship
For full web page see http://sector7.xor.aps.anl.gov/~dufresne