Principal Software Engineer
APS Engineering Support Division
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Ave
(630) 252-9819 • email
Yu joined AES/IS group since 2004. Her main responsibilities include developing and supporting some of the key applications at APS such as Beam Time Request System (aka GUP system), Experiment Safety Assessment Form (ESAF) etc. In 2007 she received a Pacesetter Award for her contribution to implementing the new APS policy for submission of research proposals.
Before joining ANL, she was a technical analyst at the University of Illinois, and a Member of Technical Staff (MTS) in the software development team at Lucent Technology. Yu received her M.S. in computer science from the University of Chicago in 2000. She obtained extensive research experience in life science at the University of Chicago and had a career in medicine.
- Brian H. Toby, Yu Huang at el., “Management of Metadata and Automation for Mail-In Measurements with the APS 11-BM High-Throughput, High-Resolution Synchrotron Powder Diffractometer”, Journal of Applied Crystallography, 42 (6), pp. 990-993 (2009). DOI: 10.1107/S0021889809035717
- Y. Huang (with Y. Zhang), “Wavelet shape blending,”, The Visual Computer, International Journal of Computer Graphics, Issue 2, March 2000, pp. 106 -115
- Y. Huang (with J. Wiebe et al.), “Suppression in gonadotropes of gonadotropin releasing hormone-stimulated follicle-stimulating hormone release by the gonadal- and neurosteroid 3a-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one involves cytosolic calcium”, Endocrinology, Vol. 134, No. 1, 1994, pp. 377-382.
- University of Chicago, M.S., Computer Science
- The University of Western Ontario, M.S., Zoology (Biology)
- XiangYa Medical School, Central South University, MD
- Principal Software Engineer, APS/AES/IS, Argonne National Lab
- Technical Analyst, Dept of AITS, University of Illinois.
- Member of Technical Staff, Soft Switch, Lucent Technologies
Awards and Honors
In 2007 she received a Pacesetter Award for her hard work and dedication to implementing the new APS policy for submission of research proposals.