X-ray Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Ave
(630) 252-2774 • (773) 6101927 • email
- Wenjun Liu, Gene E. Ice, Lahsen Assoufid, Chian Liu, Bing Shi, Ruben Khachatryan, Jun Qian, Paul Zschack, Jonathan Z. Tischler, and J.-Y. Choi, “Achromatic Nested Kirkpatrick-Baez Mirror Optics for a Hard X-ray Nanoprobe,” J. Synchrotron Rad. (2011). 18, 575–579
- Susanna K. Lynch; Chian Liu; Lahsen Assoufid; Nicole Y. Morgan; Dumitru Mazilu; Eric Bennett; Camille K. Kemble; and Han H. Wen, “Multilayer-coated micro-grating array for x-ray phase-contrast imaging,” SPIE Proceedings EUV and X-Ray Optics: Synergy between Laboratory and Space II, René Hudec; Ladislav Pina, Editors, Vol. 8076 80760F (2011).
- Advances in Metrology for X-Ray and EUV Optics III. Edited by Assoufid, Lahsen; Takacs, Peter Z.; Asundi, Anand K. Proceedings of the SPIE, Volume 7801 (2010)
- C.M. Kewish, M. Guizar-Sicairos, C. Liu, J. Qian, B. Shi, C. Benson, A. M. Khounsary, J. Vila-Comamala, O. Bunk, J.R. Fienup, A.T. Macrander, and L. Assoufid, “Reconstruction of an astigmatic hard x-ray beam and alignment of K-B mirrors from ptychographic coherent diffraction data”, Optics Express 18, 23420 (2010).
- L. Assoufid, J. Qian, C. M. Kewish, C. Liu, R. Conley, A. T. Macrander, D. Lindley, and C. Saxer, “A Microstitching Interferometer for Evaluating the Surface Profile of Precisely Figured Hard X-ray K-B Mirrors,” SPIE Proc. (2007) 6704.
- Y. Zhong, A T Macrander, S Krasnicki, Y S Chu, J Maj, L Assoufid and J Qian, "Rocking curve FWHM maps of a chemically etched (100) oriented HPHT type Ib diamond crystal plate, " J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 40 (2007) 5301-5305.
- C. Liu, L. Assoufid, R. Conley, A. T. Macrander, G. E. Ice, and J. Z. Tischler, “Profile coating and their application for KB mirrors,” Opt. Eng. 42, (2003) 3622.
- L. Assoufid, O. Hignette, M. Howells, S. Irick, H. Lammert, P. Takacs, “Future Metrology Needs for Synchrotron Radiation Grazing-Incidence Optics,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 467-468 (2001) 267-270
- G.E. Ice, J.S. Chung, J. Tischler, A. Lunt, and L. Assoufid, “Elliptical X-ray Microprobe Mirrors by Differential Deposition,” Rev. Sci. Intrum. (2000) 71(7): 2635.
- L. Assoufid, D. Mills, A. Macrander, and G. Tajiri, “Is colder better?-Exploring the feasibility of liquid-helium-cooled optics,” SPIE Proceedings, High-Heat Flux Engineering, (1999) 3773: 39-48
- Optical and x-ray metrology and related instrumentation
- X-ray nanofocusing optics including reflective and multilayers-based optics
- Wave-optics modeling and simulation of x-ray optics and optical systems
- Beam wavefront sensing and characterization
- Microscopy and imaging
- Ph.D., Physics (with Highest Honors), University Paris 7, Paris, France (Graduate research work carried out at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY), 1991
- M.S., Physics, University of Paris 7, France, 1987
- Group Leader, X-ray Science Division, Advanced Photon Source (APS), Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), 04/2011 – Present
- Physicist/Section leader for Mirrors, Multilayers, and Metrology Section, Optics and Detector Group (ODG), X-ray Science Division, APS, ANL, 2009 - 03/2011
- Physicist/Principal Investigator, X-ray Optics Metrology Laboratory, Optics Fabrication and Metrology Group, ANL, 1996 - 2009
- Assistant Physicist, Optics Group, X-ray Facilities Division, ANL, 1993 - 1996
- Visiting Scientist, Optics Group, X-ray Facilities Division, ANL, 1992
- Instructor, University Pierre & Marie Curie, Paris, France, laboratory x-ray physics courses, 1991
- Graduate Research Assistant, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1987-1991
- Graduate Research Assistant, Alsthom-Alcatel Research Center, Marcoussis, France, 1987
Awards and Honors
- Fellow of SPIE 2011
- Fellow of Optical Society (OSA) 2011
- Pacesetter Award, Argonne National Laboratory, February 2008
- Pacesetter Award, Argonne National Laboratory, September 2003
- Pacesetter Award, Argonne National Laboratory, November 2002