X-ray Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Building 401, Room B3184
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 604392
- Optics Group Leader, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory
- Section Leader for Mirrors, Multilayers Optics and Metrology Section of Optics & Detector Group, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory
- Principal Investigator, X-ray Optics Metrology, Optics Fabrication and Metrology Group, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Paris (Paris-7), France
- Past member of APS Employee Advisory Committee
- Co-organized the workshop entitled “Beamline 2.0: The Fully Integrated Instruments” as part of the Advanced Photon Source Annual Users Meeting, Argonne National Laboratory, May 2010.
- Organized the first International Workshop on Metrology for X-ray and Neutron Optics, Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois, USA, March 2000
- Co-organized and served as a committee member for numerous international scientific and technical workshops and conferences
- Fellow of Optical Society of America 2011
- Fellow of SPIE 2011
- X-ray optics, optical and X-ray metrology and related instrumentation
- Wave-optics modeling and simulation of x-ray optics and optical systems
- Beam wavefront sensing and control.
- Microscopy and imaging
- I joined the APS as a staff scientist since the early days of its construction. Although my main duties are mostly in the area of optics development, metrology, and related support activities, I had the opportunity to conduct experiments at several APS beamlines including 1-BM, 2-ID, 8-ID and more recently 32-ID. I also had the opportunity to participate in experiments using other facilities worldwide including CHESS, ESRF and SLS. This allowed me to accumulate a wealth of experience from both ends, user’s and provider’s. My goal is to ensure that APS provides its users with superior and efficient support, necessary to carry out world-class science and make APS an enjoyable place to work.